Thursday, February 23, 2006

Everything, for a reason

What I am creating, it's important.
It's not something that can be done in days or even months.
To get it right one needs to have the correct ingredients, the right people, the right time, the longing and the need, wanting to do good, give and take.

It's something that the world needs in this time of darkness, fear and sadness.
It's all that I can give really, for now anyway.
I think I was put on this earth for this reason and want to help heal with others who feel the same, slowly they are starting to creep through the door but we are all so afraid of being hurt.

Time and faith eh?

:)


"in delight and in regret"

i can see out onto the street
from this shambles, pretty on the outside,
the snowflakes escaping into the apartment on beverly

but everyone is too busy to notice
the little ex patriate
filling up the day by spreading out the chores,
lonely fingers longing for a piano

big cities lose me
and I lost you
but I try not to dwell on mistakes,
we are both who we are, in delight and in regret

forget, forge ahead
i don't subscribe to this self pity

so let me loose
out into the wide open fields
smattered with canola
in the albertan air

let me go
i will close my eyes when you drive too fast
on the saskatchewan highways,
it won't hurt a bit
if it gets me where I need, to b.c

Current Music: animus & singing to the bones by the lovely wendy rule
Current Obsession: listening to demos people have sent me