Thursday, August 10, 2006

Update, Smiles & Rain

Oooh it's a lovely night here in Revelstoke.
Unfortunately due to bad weather our second show (first was last evening) was cancelled so we are holed up in the Minto Manor B & B in town all snuggled and warm.

Quick update, did some shows in Vancouver which were fun and caught up with some friends, one friend Jesse in particular I was especially glad and happy to see again. Really made my night. I hope to move to Vancouver later in the year so I am super excited that I might get to hang out with him a bit more, and perhaps record in his studio?

I spent Monday roaming around Vancouver, mainly on Commercial Drive buying far too much in the organic stores, greasy spoon breakfast and sushi for dinner. Also bought myself a Uke? Guitar and sat in the park for a while playing with the acrobats and merry makers as they went about their crazy day.

Stopped in Armstrong on Tues and played a show with fellow Australian musician Tessa Lee which was a lot of fun (slept in her funny blue van that night!) and then did 6 hours worth of shows the next day including a morning stint at the Kelowna Farmers Market (loads of fun) and Revelstoke Concert Series last night. It's so pretty here, even with the rain and we really appreciate the hospitality given to us by local sponsors Minto Manor and Nelles Ranch where we are staying.

I was feeling a little crazy over the past few days but think I have settled down again.

Tomorrow we head to Kimberley for a few days with a couple of shows at the Kimberely Arts Festival which we are looking forward to, as well as a nice night off tomorrow night checking out the town.

Have been a bit slack with the photo taking since Calgary but will have something up by the end of the weekend I am sure.

What else is new?
Tonight I learnt how to burp the alphabet, enough said....

ciao!