Monday, September 11, 2006

What is up?

1)Touring in the summer was sweet and sometimes hard but in the end it was worth it and I learnt a lot.

2)New friends, old friends and some friends who weren't friends but now I know.

3)Growing up is hard but must be done.
I will be 30 in a few days, I am scared but glad, it is the year of the first album, I am finally ready.

4)Recording with Sahra soon, 3 songs for the new album, me on guitar, her on harp, violin and flute and others guesting, very excited.

5)Moving to BC in the next few months, again fear but excitement, and feeling that this is the right thing and there will be the right people for more music mayhem.

6)New songs!!! 5 of them, it's been so long, 4 on piano too, I am very pleased and working on finishing them now, one is called "Wanderlust"

7)A few lines from "Wanderlust"

I remember london with it's filth and exotic dreams,
moondog parties and living on sainsbury's baked beans

I remember stuttgart, that little boutique hotel with
cold cuts, boiled eggs and that nasty hard bread I despise
that obscenely large room with the stripper channel,
and laughing at the absurd with sara

I remember Venice, bus rides to who knows where,
writing postcards by the canal, the late september sunshine warming me,
lost in dark little lanes, arguing with daniela, silly,
then early morning kisses just out of town,
the quiet healing me

8)Spare a thought for those who lost loved ones in 9/11.