Friday, October 21, 2005

North Melbourne Marshmallow Sunset

your kiss seems stranger
missing my lips
and I fall onto my knees
wishing this was enough

and as far as I run
the night follows me
into the china town grit
and the east end out of sight

yet you can still hear me
standing so still against the filthy walls
I am hardly breathing
how is it that you know I am here?

I am the great unknown that you will never, never know
I am the love you swallowed
like knives, cutting you from the inside
I am the dust in that northern town
staining your skin
sweat, sticking, soft and lost blowing in the hot wind

I am the little girl you left behind
your friend, your sister
the lie you told us both
I am she who loves you, as I loved you then
I am your heartbreak
I am the North Melbourne marshmallow sunset
and I will never forget

Current Mood: Melancholy

No comments: