Thursday, November 10, 2005

My Space, New live songs & a poem










Hey folks

I have updated my, myspace page and you can see it at www.myspace.com/emalinedelapaix

I also made a special live songs page here; www.soundclick.com/emalinedelapaixlive which has two songs from a recent concert in Rasputin's in Ottawa for which I am accompanied by Dana Shellmire on piano/vocals and Sahra Featherston on harp/violin. You can dowload the cracking piano version of Melting Down there too.

I added Friday Morning Lullabies from the same concert to
www.soundclick.com/emalineandsahra , that was the second time we have played it, we're still ironing out the creases and I am trying to remember the words!

beautiful what ifs

what is this,
what we are?
with
these
stolen chances
stuffed in our pockets,
brimming and confused,
and my frozen crossbow
cold against your chest
leading you into
forgetfulness,
only senses
and beautiful what ifs

there's a la la
in your voice
and survival in your stride
because there's new wrinkles
around your eyes
and more afterthought than
you ever needed to want.

but don't think that I will love you less
because of your
mistakes
and
those
extra folds,
your face and skin,
delicately growing old.

you're in my blood
that's just how it is
I'll never be sorry for that...

Current music: Animus, Wendy Rule
Current mood: lazy