Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Exeter, Hospitality and Aussies

Played a lovely show at the North Bridge Inn last night in Exeter Devon, my favourite so far on the tour.

Before the show I spent a few hours wandering through the city, which reminded me a little of Melbourne and made me a bit homesick. The audience were wonderful, lots of artists and musicians including talented Australian guitarist/singer/songwriter Nuala, we chatted after the show and are going to keep in contact in the future. We played Spank Me Man twice at their request!!!

Eddie and Willow, the hosts were also lovely and this morning I sang Under The Apple Tree to the hamster as they said he never comes out except for music. Before I knew it his little head popped out of the cotton wool bed, his nose twitching and he rested his head and his eyes closed and he fell asleep! :)

Now we are in a lovely village called Newton Ferrers in Devon, tonight playing at a pub called the Swan in Noss Mayo on the water. Have heard nice things about it.

Must go as the lady we are staying with Ann has made us a lovely meal :)

No comments: