Monday, December 19, 2005

Locked Doors, too many breasts and those lovely Germans



We spent an insane weekend driving through countries in europe getting to a new gig and place each day this past weekend.

Amsterdam was difficult as per usual. Was hoping it would all come together this time but things went wrong as they usually do, I guess at this time, Amsterdam and I are just not meant to be. The gig was ok, they seemed to love spank me man, I wonder why?!? but the next morning we got locked in a tiny stairwell in a tiny apartment of splindly stairs with a lady blaming us for breaking the door which we didn't do. Nearly had the car clamped and towed but made it to it in time to then drive down a one way street on the wrong side, down the wrong way. Oh the joy.

Onto lovely steyberg, magical, snow falling, giant flakes, getting lost as per usual but finding Lebengarten just in time for lovely soup and sandwiches before the show. what a lovely show, Amy got to play a real piano and the audience were sweet, one lady requesting Friday Morning Lullabies as an encore which was wonderful as it's pretty mellow and new and it's nice that people are responding well to something I didn't know would go down well.
Can't wait to go back sometime in the future.

The last show for the weekend was one at the LAB in Stuttgart where I have played before. Great audience as per usual, and a lovely man gave me Vashti Bunyans CD which is so weird cause I was thinking of getting it, Amy was given Mary Chapin Carpenter too. It's nice to be able to go back to a place in another country where people love your music and you are treated with respect, I look forward to it each time.

Tonight we played a crazy show at London's tiniest music venue The Betsey Trotwood which was loads of fun, and my sore throat which has been playing up all weekend held out for me. Fun crowd, spankers and all. Hope to go back again in the future.

Tomorrow we head off to Bradford On Avon for a show as part of Healthyconcerts.com which I am really looking forward to.

Oh and Nizlopi are number 1!!! So proud of you!
Run out and buy the single or check out their page on my links page to find out more.

Got to get some sleep and let my throat rest.

Nunight.