Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New CD Peculiar Places

From Jan onwards I will be recording and finishing my first full length album finally, after such a long time, but I think it will be worth the wait and I feel like I am finally ready to put such a big piece of me out into the universe.

The CD is called "Peculiar Places" and will feature some of the tracks you might have heard on myspace including Bug Song, Enough For Me and High but will also include some newer ones I wrote in the past few years including "Friday Morning Lullabies" which will feature the lovely Sahra Featherstone on harp.

This CD is the story of my music, the people I have met, experiences I have had, from when I started 5 years ago until now. It will feature many dear friends, fellow musicians and some wonderful surprises and will be something you have never heard before. It's a mix of folk, jazz, intelligent pop/rock with a little latin, flamenco, roots and cabaret thrown in, with loads of piano, acoustic guitar, strings and celtic harp.

Check out the beautiful back cover that a local artist called Ray Sun did for me.



More updates as they come :)