Monday, August 22, 2005

Summerfolk Festival!!!

Spent the weekend gigging at the wonderful Summerfolk Festival in Owen Sound On.

Took part in about 6 workshops over the weekend, getting to share song circles with such talent as Trout Fishing in America, Fig for a Kiss, Mark Reeves, Liam Titcomb, Pavlo and more.
We also took part in a crazy mixed up band thingy that Ian Tamblyn put together, 5 musicians from different bands thrown together, to play two songs in front of an audience!

I met two of my band members 5 minutes before going on stage and let me tell you it was chaos but a lot of fun. We named our band Sunspun off a bucket we saw backstage ;P
One of my band members included Tanglefoot double bassist Al who was a laugh and a half.
We did Money Money Money by Abba and a traditional tune called Stretched out on your Grave. It was VERY scary but loads of fun. I have some photos that I hope to upload as soon as I can.

It was a wonderful festival and Liz and all the organisers involved did a great job. I hope to come back again in the future!

HIGHLIGHT mixed up band songs for the festival were "Sweet Caroline" & "Rockin in the free world"

Current Mood: tired

No comments: