Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A Bright Future

I left London, angry that she wasn't what I had hoped she would be, disappointed that I couldn't stand to live there anymore, among the hungry, afraid, arrogant and the brave.

Now that I can stand back and see her from faraway I am very grateful to have lived within her walls and to have learnt what I did from her. She is all of the things I thought she was; ugly, cold and hard but she is also more alive than any other city I have ever lived in and under all that grey are so many colours and so much hope.

I miss her and can't wait to go back with these new eyes in December.

Maybe I will be able to look at Toronto this way as well, or perhaps I still need some time so I can see her colours?

Current Mood: Hopeful
Current Music: Amy Seeley

No comments: