Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Poem for Australia

It's my birthday today today and look what I got;

Imogen Heap's new CD, cans of braised tofu from London (sooo hard to get), the sequel to Molvania (can't remember the name right now), sweets, Robbie Williams Swing While Your Winning CD plus his new CD, Be Natural bars from Oz, Natural Confectionary Co snakes & lollies, cannoli & a yummy dinner.


poem for australia

your tasty beams
salty, sweat framed faces
bleeding into me
collapsing under my weight

delighting in the silky dust
dry bones rub lustfully under my feet
I dream of you, I long for you
how could I have lost you?

I grew in anothers customs
but I didn't forget you
will you let me come home again?
I have so much to show you

you will remind me again
of the beauty

torn edges
rusty colours
and that dry wit
no comparisons can be made
we are all so Australian

the waves lap at my memories
but my love for you is strong
like the banksia brush
that will s c r a t c h
my soft forgetful skin in December

leave me for now
my antipodean dreaming
as I try to make friends
in this concrete jungleof forgotten kindess
seeds for growing
and the fast food life

No comments: