Friday, July 15, 2005

The Middle of the Road

I still remember my first taste of BC hospitality."No no, you don't have to find a motel, you are welcome to stay with us.""No don't worry about making dinner, I will go and get a fish, fresh from the sea as I know the fisherman."

Last night Dana and her crew had their first taste of BC hospitality. I have traveled all around the world and still I am yet to find a place more beautiful, with people more friendly and accomodating than British Columbia in Canada. Last night was the first show I have ever done in a housing community and it went down a treat. First I got up with Jo on guitar (and groovin out on bass for Bug Song) with Dana on piano and backing vocals as well as Mick on drums and local violinist Erynne sitting in on a few tracks and then Dana and band did a rockin set. The audience were receptive and lovely and I sold my first "Delaphonic Shirt" which my mate Lloyd in London designed for me. Afterwards Gary and family invited us up to their house for lime juice and midnight burritos which were bloody delicious I have to tell you and then I tried my first two-bite brownie which tasted artificial and gross to my tastebuds. The gang don't understand how the hell I can think that?!?

Afterwards, Tyler and I went upstairs and listened to the Middle Road Communities "2005 Spring Cleaning" CD (20 odd tracks that really shouldn't be burnt on the same CD together) while having a bit of a smoke and discussing Eurovision, prank calls, growing long legs so we could push the ceiling off the house, who all the hairs from the mattress we were sitting on belonged to and bumteez, a delicious, late night stoner snack that we invented.

We are currently driving from Nelson to Grand Forks where we are doing a house concert at my friend Paul's. This is the first time I have plugged the laptop into the RV and used it while driving which is really cool and makes me feel so professional!!! Tonight, I know, not much sleep shall be had if Paul has something to do with it. Also when did the Wells council hire him to sell off their crown land? The man is obsessed with getting every musician to buy up there so he always has someone to bug! LMFAO! Nah, he's really a sweety.

No comments: