Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Nelson, oh Nelson

This morning I awoke at 7am to take Anne to the bus station and sat on the banks of the river opposite Wal-Mart playing guitar and eating walnut and plum yogurt. What a lovely view of the mountains and beach ;) Yes we have been camped by the local Wal-Mart, evil evil, but they do let campers park for free which is something. We have discovered that A&W is the local hang out for senior citizens and that Canadians are nice and don't play games with the trolleys or poke holes in the milk bags. My god, they so would in Australia!!! We have a few days off, feels surreal, sleeping in a van and hanging out in an extremely small space with 5 other people. We actually rehearsed in the van tonight, will keyboard, 3 guitars (including me!), Mick on drum pad to boot. We got lazy and ate doritos and salsa for dinner and then I fell asleep with a sweet in my mouth reading Bill Bryson.

No comments: