Friday, July 29, 2005

You know when you can see there is trouble ahead?

Artspace, showcase for ArtsWells.
Funny Canadian men, posers, aggressive soundmen and the lovely organisers of ArtsWells.

I smelt trouble. Namely from Courtney Wing and his crew and when I mean trouble I don't necessarily mean it to be a bad thing. Trouble can be fun except I wasn't feeling well and wasn't sure I could cope with the trouble that was to surely follow.

Gig was fun, nice seeing all the talent. After pizza, had a ride in Courtneys fridge on wheels Matt showed me all the things he has sewn in the back seat. No that is not a phrase for something else he actually made drums cases from leather jackets! We discussed the differences between going on tour and having a partner and going on tour without a partner. I have to say it's harder with one, I think we both agreed on that, even if I didn't like the music they were playing.

Night ended with a fizzle. Someone crapping on in my ear, irritation, don't mess with my friends city, don't say shit about my music friends, so I went to bed, I don't need that crap. That person had better watch what they say, saying bad stuff about others will not help them in the music world, it will get around.

I was surprised, in the morning I saw Courtney and his crew driving off to Wells for the festival, even we were still in bed!

No comments: